Involuntary resettlement occurs as a result of project-related land acquisition, permanent or temporary and restrictions on community use of land and associated resources. The disruption or displacement can be physical and or economic and voluntary or involuntary.
URTC designs and implements RAPs for various infrastructure development projects like Road, Railway, Power transmission lines, irrigation, water supply , irrigation and agriculture projects, etc.
Our detailed services address the following essential components of RAPs;
- Identification of project impacts and affected population
- Legal framework for land acquisition and compensation
- Detailed budget
- Implementation schedules
- Description of organizational responsibilities
- Framework for public consultations, participation and development planning
- Description of provisions for redress of grievances; and
- Framework for monitoring, evaluation and reporting